This short article explains how to update a DNS-320L or DNS-325 NAS to handle latest SSL and TLS protocol that are used by more and more sites.
A pre-requisite is to have installed Funplug 0.7 on your NAS. Needed steps are described in DNS 320 & 325 - Extend your NAS possibilities with Funplug 0.7
This procedure has been tested on a DNS-320L running firmware V1.00 and DNS-325 running firmware V1.03.
1. Source of trouble
If your wget is giving your this type of error, it means that you need to update it to handle latest SSL and TLS protocols :
Resolving www.mon-poeme.fr... 2a01:238:20a:202:1167::, 126.96.36.199
Connecting to www.mon-poeme.fr|2a01:238:20a:202:1167::|:443... failed: Address family not supported by protocol.
Connecting to www.mon-poeme.fr|188.8.131.52|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:14077458:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 unrecognized name
Unable to establish SSL connection.
2. Update procedure
You first need to install few new libraries :
Then you'll need to install uli's version of wget.
Everyting is done easily thru slacker :
Select all package.
You should now be able to retreive any https:// page without error :
Resolving www.google.fr... 2a00:1450:4009:807::2003, 184.108.40.206
Connecting to www.google.fr|2a00:1450:4009:807::2003|:80... failed: Address family not supported by protocol.
Connecting to www.google.fr|220.127.116.11|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: 'STDOUT'
[<=> ] 0 --.-K/s
Hope it helps.
- DNS 320 & 325 - Extend your NAS possibilities with Funplug 0.7
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Install Transmission p2p client
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Install Twonkymedia Server 7
- DNS 323 & 325 - Funplug : Send mail from shell scripts using your Gmail account
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Move Fun plug to a USB key
- DNS 320 & 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Install Compilation Environment
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Compile x264, lame, shine, fdk-aac, twolame, ffmpeg and sox
- DNS-325 - Funplug 0.7 : Subsonic server with realtime MP3 and AAC transcoding
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : SSLH ... share port 443 for Https, Ssh, OpenVPN and Tinc
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Administrate your NAS with Ajaxterm
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Supervise your NAS thru SNMP
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Supervise Fan Speed and Case & HDD temperature with SNMP
- DNS 320, 323 & 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Install a Munin node with Muninlite
- DNS 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Setup your NAS as a Permanent BTSync Peer
- DNS 320L - Funplug 0.7 : Supervise Fan Speed and Case & HDD temperature with Munin
- DNS 320 & 325 - Funplug 0.7 : Update wget to handle latest SSL & TLS