This article explains how to install a Transmission peer-2-peer client on a DNS-325.
Transmission client on a DNS-325 is very interesting for different aspects :
- usually, a NAS is running 7/7 - 24/24
- Transmission is fully Web controlled
- It is using very less RAM
- It is very light on CPU power
- It is offering lots of parameters (ports limitation, speed throttle, ...)
So, with this setup, you will be able to serve 24h/24 your latest Linux distributions torrents from home without any computer on.
As a pre-requisite, you must have prepared your DNS-325 with fun_plug and adds-on.
This procedure should also be compatible with a DNS-320, which is running the same system with less memory and less processor power.